• A Centralia resident who allegedly interfered with a traffic stop last night, arguing with the officer when 31-year-old Anthony O. Bernstein, also of Centralia, was being cited for driving with a suspended license and failure to transfer a vehicle title, was himself arrested. Police say William B. Bernstein, 44, drove up to the approximately 10:40 p.m. incident at Harrison Avenue and High Street. The older Bernstein was arrested for with obstructing and, driving with a suspended license, according to the Centralia Police Department. Both men were issued their citations and then released, according to police.
• Centralia police were called about 10:30 a.m. yesterday to take a report of a burglary to a garage on the 1300 block of Windsor Avenue. Tools and a bicycle were taken, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A 73-year-old Cinebar area man reported someone got into his unlocked shed on the 100 block of Madden Road and stole a bench grinder valued at $35 sometime between 8 p.m. on Friday and 10 o;’clock the following morning, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
• Chehalis police took a report on Friday from an individual who discovered that someone used their social security number to open a bank account in Missouri and another in San Francisco. It apparently took place sometime since 2012, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• Chehalis police were called on Saturday about a purse stolen from a vehicle on the 400 block of Division Street while its owner was incarcerated.
• Chehalis police were called on Friday about an attempted vehicle prowl on the 1300 block of Southeast Washington Avenue in which someone broke a door handle.
• Police took a report on Saturday from an address on the 800 block of Southeast Washington Avenue in Chehalis where during the night someone took red spray paint to the window of a vehicle.
• Police took a report on Friday from an individual at the 800 block of Northwest Duffy Street in Chehalis whose tire was slashed.
• Centralia police arrested a 20-year-old Chehalis man last night for second-degree assault for allegedly punching an individual in the face several times and breaking his nose, in connection with a location on the 2200 block of Earl Street. Ronald C. Travers Jr., was booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Centralia Police Department, but was released today with no charges pending further investigation. Further details were not readily available as to when the alleged assault took place.
• It was just Saturday night when police were summoned to a large fight in front of a home on the 2200 block of Earl Street and were investigating an assault that resulted in one adult male suffering injuries to his face. Officers ended up arresting a pair of 17-year-olds along with 40 individuals between the ages of 18 and 20, who were mostly Centralia College athletes and students, for minor in possession at what they described as an alcohol and marijuana party.
• A 24-year-old motorist was cited for second-degree negligent driving yesterday afternoon after he looking out his window at an officer on a traffic stop and ran into a Honda Accord, hitting it so hard it pushed the Honda into a tow truck. It happened about 3:15 p.m. on the 800 block of West Reynolds Avenue, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. A 17-year-old girl from the Honda was transported to the hospital for neck pain, according to the sheriff’s office.
• And as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, no contact order violations, shoplifting and other misdemeanor theft, driving under the influence, driving with suspended license; responses for alarm, suspicious circumstances, loud neighbor music, collision on county road, finding an unknown individual sleeping on a front porch … and more.