YOU BOUGHT A WHAT?
• Centralia police were called about 11:50 a.m. yesterday to the Bank of America on the 100 block of South Pearl Street where a 29-year-old man had allegedly choked a family member during an argument about the purchase of a gerbil. Jason R. Ferris, of Centralia, was booked into the Lewis County Jail for fourth-degree assault, according to the Centralia Police Department.
LOCKER ROOM THEFT
• Centralia police say they found stolen credit cards in the pocket of suspect when he was detained for an unrelated assault yesterday afternoon at the 600 block of Centralia College Boulevard. A cell phone and the credit cards had gone missing earlier in the day from a locker room, according to the Centralia Police Department. Adam T, Kay, no age provided, a homeless person, was issued a citation for third-degree theft and then released, according to police.
• Centralia police took a report of the theft of a dog from the 200 block of East Chestnut Street yesterday.
• Police were called regarding the theft of a license plate from the 600 block of Centralia College Boulevard just before 8 o’clock yesterday morning.
• A 28-year-old Chehalis man who allegedly shoplifted a hot wheel-type car and another item from Wal-Mart last night was arrested for possession of methamphetamine, third-degree theft and possession of drug paraphernalia. Police were called about 8:15 p.m. to the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue and booked Fernando Morales Sanchez into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• A Chehalis woman called police yesterday after getting a phone call from someone who said he was her grandson and needed bail money because he got arrested. He told her he sounded different because he had a cold, according to the Chehalis Police Department. The woman called the jail he mentioned to verify the claim and they told her she should report it to police, department spokesperson Linda Bailey said.
ASSAULT IN WINLOCK
• Winlock police are investigating an assault that happened early Friday morning and landed an individual in Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with serious injuries. It happened in the parking lot near Frank’s Bar in Winlock, according to the Winlock Police Department. A man was arrested on Sunday for first-degree assault and second-degree assault and booked into the Lewis County Jail, but was released with no charges filed by the prosecutor. Chief Terry Williams is asking anyone with information to contact them at 360-785-3891 or email@example.com
• Firefighters were called out twice yesterday for fire in the back of a mobile paper shredding vehicle. Chehalis Fire Department Firefighter Pat Gilligan said after the first incident the driver had waited about an hour and a half for it too cool down and then continued on their way but soon was stopped off South Market Boulevard when it reignited. The crew put foam on it; it was mostly a lot of smoke, Gilligan said. He suggested it was likely an overheated bearing that caused smoldering of the paper.
• And as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, driving with suspended license, driving under the influence; responses for alarms, disputes, noisy children, harassment, vandalism, misdemeanor assault, misdemeanor theft, counterfeit bill, protection order violation, a vehicle theft that turned out to have only been impounded … and more.