FIREARMS MISSING FROM RESIDENCE
• Someone broke into an Onalaska home yesterday, stealing a 25 caliber pistol, a 30-30 lever action rifle, two laptop computers and a tablet, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies arriving just after 6 p.m. to the 3700 block of Centralia-Alpha Road canvassed the area and found some of the victim’s belongings down the road, as though discarded by an intruder, according to the sherif’s office. Chief Deputy Dusty Breen said the break-in occurred between 12:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. and they got in through the back door.
• Police were called just before 1 p.m. yesterday to take a report of a maroon 1988 Toyota Camry stolen from the 300 block of Yew Street in Centralia. The four-door car went missing sometime during the previous two days, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Centralia police were called about 9:45 a.m. yesterday for a fraud case associated with the 900 block of South Scheuber Road. The victim’s credit card was used to make purchases over the Internet and have items shipped to an address where another suspect took possession of them, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A 26-year-old Chehalis man allegedly running into stores, yelling and asking for money at the 500 block of North Market Boulevard ended up injuring himself and getting arrested for a felony yesterday afternoon in Chehalis. Officers caught up with Drake A. Lorber at the 400 block of Northwest Chehalis Avenue and discovered he had an outstanding municipal warrant, according to the Chehalis Police Department. As Lorber was being placed into a patrol vehicle, he used his forehead to break out the window, according to police. While they waited for aid to arrive, Lorber allegedly spit blood onto an officer, department spokesperson Linda Bailey said. He was booked into the Lewis County Jail for the warrant, for malicious mischief and third-degree assault, Bailey said.
• Centralia police reported this morning a summons will be issued to a 43–year-old Chehalis man who allegedly punched an acquaintance’s windshield, shattering it. The incident at the 1200 block of Harrison Avenue was reported just after 11 a.m. yesterday, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Centralia police were called just before 1 p.m. yesterday to the 1000 block of Eckerson Road where an individual was seen kicking in doors at a motel, causing extensive damage. The person fled, reportedly crossing a river and taking a seat in a gazebo at Riverside Rotary Park, according to the Centralia Police Department. Anthony E. Brennan, 34, of Tumwater, was located in the gazebo, arrested for second-degree malicious mischief and booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to police.
• And, as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrant, probation violation, possession of marijuana, misdemeanor domestic assault, driving with suspended license, driving under the influence; responses for alarm, dispute, civil issue, hit and run, third-degree theft, disorderly person, suspicious circumstances, collision on city street … and more among 146 calls for local law enforcement and / or fire-emergency medical services in the 24-hour period ending about 7 a.m. today.