VICTIM CLUBBED IN HEAD
• A 29-year-old man was taken to Providence Centralia Hospital yesterday evening after he was assaulted with a wooden club at the 600 block of South Washington Avenue in Centralia. Officers called just before 6 p.m. learned there had been a disagreement between the victim and a 26-year-old acquaintance, according to the Centralia Police Department. The victim had been struck in the head, according to police. The investigation is ongoing.
TOOLS, EQUIPMENT STOLEN
• A Centralia area resident contacted the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office yesterday to report the discovery of a burglary to a building on the 100 block of Joppish Road in which an air compressor, a skill saw, an angle grinder, a sawzall and a guitar were missing. The owner checked his game cam and realized it happened between 11:40 a.m. and 6:07 p.m. on Jan. 17, according to the sheriff’s office. There is a person of interest, Chief Deputy Dusty Breen said.
• A blue 1994 four-door Honda Accord was stolen from where it was parked at Centralia High School on the 800 block of Eshom Road in Centralia sometime between 7:50 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. yesterday, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. It has a license plate reading AYR 1922, according to the sheriff’s office. The owner had let her brother use it and the loss is estimated at $2,000, Chief Deputy Dusty Breen said.
• Chehalis police took a report yesterday afternoon of the theft of a men’s Bulova wristwatch from a locker at W.F. West High School. It has a black face and a silver link-style band, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• An individual who accidentally left a Trac phone in the restroom at a store on the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue in Chehalis called police at 11:20 p.m. yesterday after tracking it to an area in Chehalis.
• Police were called just before 4 p.m. yesterday to the 1600 block of Harrison Avenue to take a report of fuel siphoned from a vehicle.
• Chehalis police were called over to Green Hill School just after 9 a.m. yesterday where a smoking device and green vegetable matter were found in the possession of a student-inmate. The items were collected and police are awaiting the results of lab testing, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• An unknown suspect broke the windshield on a parked vehicle at the 1300 block of Harrison Avenue in Centralia, according to a report made to police at 2:50 p.m. yesterday.
• And, as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, misdemeanor assault, driving with suspended license; responses for alarm, dispute, civil issue, suspicious circumstances … and more among 143 calls for local law enforcement and / or fire-emergency medical services in the 24-hour period ending about 7 a.m. today.