• The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office reports this morning that someone broke into a residence on the 300 block of Minkler Road in Winlock sometime between Monday and yesterday and left with a LeapFrog tablet, games and another tablet. A door and its frame was left damaged, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
• Centralia police were called to the 2100 block of North Pearl Street about 4:30 p.m. yesterday where an individual reported that sometime over the last several days someone stole items from the residence. The victim is still making a list and the case is under investigation, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A stolen Honda car turned up yesterday morning parked at the 700 block of South Market Boulevard minus its stereo, a purse and a coat, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• Jared R. Dulores, 43, of Chehalis was arrested for an outstanding warrant and possession of methamphetamine after contact with police about 6:15 a.m. today at the 1200 block of Mellen Street in Centralia. Dulores was booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Chehalis police were called about 2:30 p.m. yesterday regarding a pair of suspicious males in a grayish silver truck in the area of Folsom Street and Northwest Ohio Avenue, where three children were playing in a front yard. They were wearing reflective vests and had been seen in the area off and on, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
ON THE ROAD, OFF THE ROAD
• A 61-year-old driver had an injured vertebrae and a cut to his back of his head after his 2001 Ford Ranger rolled onto its top yesterday morning at the 1600 block of Lincoln Creek Road outside Centralia. A deputy called just before 10 a.m. found Richard O. Tharpe, of Centralia, had driven onto the gravel and overcorrected, causing the wreck, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. His vehicle was totaled. Tharpe was arrested for driving under the influence and third-degree driving with suspended license, according to the sheriff’s office. He was also cited for not having vehicle insurance and failing to notify the Department of Licensing of his change in address, Chief Deputy Stacy Brown said. He was booked into the Lewis County Jail.
• Chehalis police were asked to assist a trooper about 12:30 a.m. today for a vehicle failing to pull over along Interstate 5. Once the vehicle was stopped, Chehalis was asked to secure the vehicle and the children left inside as the driver left on foot, according to the Chehalis Police Department. Further details were not readily available.
• And, as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, resisting arrest, driving with suspended license; responses for alarm, dispute, shoplifting, unfounded report, runaway juvenile located, possible hit and run, collision on city street … and more among 163 calls for local law enforcement and / or fire-emergency medical services in the 24-hour period ending about 7 a.m. today.