Updated at 2:30 p.m.
CAR THEFTS, RIGHT AND LEFT
• A 1999 Honda Civic reported stolen just after 6 a.m. today from the 800 block of K Street in Centralia was found a short time later in Chehalis, at the 300 block of Southwest 10th Street, according to police. The investigation continues, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Chehalis police were called just after 5:30 a.m. today about a red Audi Quattro stolen from 100 block of Interstate Avenue. A suspect was contacted by a police dog a short time later, according to the Chehalis Police Department. Further details are not yet available, a department spokesperson said.
• Chehalis police were called about 4:50 a.m. today for a red Toyota Corolla just stolen from a gas station on the 100 block of Interstate Avenue.
• Centralia police were called about 4:45 a.m. today regarding a red 1999 Chevrolet Blazer stolen from the 800 block of Hamilton Avenue. It has a license plate reading AJN 9529, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Chehalis police were contacted yesterday by an individual whose green 2001 Volkswagen Jetta was stolen from the parking lot at K-Mart on the 1200 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue. The victim thought they lost their car keys, went home to get a spare set and when they returned, the car was gone, at about 3 p.m., according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• A white 1992 Acura Integra reported stolen about 2:45 p.m. yesterday from the 100 block of West High Street in Centralia has been recovered, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A blue 1992 Honda Accord was reported stolen from the 700 block of Euclid Way in Centralia about 10:25 a.m. yesterday. It has a license plate reading ABR 4412, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Centralia police were called to the 1000 block of Eckerson Road about 9 a.m. on Saturday to take a report of a gold 1997 Honda Accord being stolen. It has a license plate read RAJ 0758, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Nakisha J. Richardson was booked into the Lewis County Jail yesterday for theft of a motor vehicle for allegedly taking her teenage relative’s vehicle without permission from the 1400 block of Ferrier Road in Winlock. It was discovered about 10:50 a.m. on Saturday and she was arrested after she returned with the vehicle about 10:35 a.m. yesterday, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
• A 39-year-old man was arrested for second-degree burglary after contact with police on Saturday in a case associated with the 1100 block of North Pearl Street in Centralia. Adam S. Gonzalez, of Parkland, was booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Centralia Police Department. Prosecutors today declined to file the felony charge.
• A business on the 500 block of North Market Boulevard in Chehalis contacted police on Friday about checks it issued which were forged for just over $2,600. They spoke to an individual who might know something about it who reported their wallet was stolen, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• Centralia police were called at noon yesterday to the 900 block of East Locust Street in Centralia where a purse was stolen out of a vehicle.
• Centralia police were called about 6:45 a.m. yesterday regarding clothing stolen from a travel trailer parked at the 100 block of North Saxon Street.
• Chehalis police were called Friday about a vehicle prowl at the 400 block of Southwest Parkland Drive. The victim found the door ajar and discovered a wallet was missing from her purse, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
ON THE ROAD, OFF THE ROAD
• Two teenagers were injured when the motorcycle they were traveling on struck a deer on state Route 7 near Mineral on Saturday night. Troopers called to milepost 15 just after 10 p.m. report Seth A. Clark, 18, and his 16-year-old passenger were transported to Morton General Hospital. The Ashford residents had been wearing helmets, however Clark didn’t have a motorcycle endorsement and his license was suspended, according to the Washington State Patrol. His 2009 Kawasaki KLX250 was towed, according to the state patrol.
• A deputy responding about 2:30 a.m. on Saturday to a vehicle that wrecked in a ditch on the 600 block of Green Mountain Road in Mossyrock arrested the driver for driving under the influence. David J. Flanigan, 57, of Mossyrock, was booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
• A 47-year-old woman from Astoria, Oregon was injured when she lost control of her Harley Davidson and skidded sideways into a guard rail at the 500 block of Wildwood Road on Saturday. She was traveling with other motorcyclists when they came to an intersection with a logging road, and her back tire began to skip, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. A deputy responding about 12:15 p.m. noted she had several possible broken bones including arm, ribs, legs and ankle, according to the sheriff’s office. She also had back pain, Cmdr. Dusty Breen said.
• And, as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, shoplifting, malicious mischief, driving under the influence, driving under the influence; responses for alarm, dispute, hit and run, vandalism, third-degree theft, disorderly person, runaway juvenile, receipt of counterfeit bill, suspicious circumstances, missing person located, kids playing catch in street, drunks walking in street, drunks sprawled on sidewalk, collision on city street, dogs alone in parked vehicles, passerby picking flower from neighbor’s yard … and more among 273 calls for local law enforcement and / or fire-emergency medical services in the 48-hour period ending about 7 a.m. today.