• Centralia police were called just before 7 o’clock this morning about the theft of a car trailer from the 3600 block of Galvin Road.
• Centralia police were called to a car prowl about 6:40 a.m. yesterday at the 2500 block of Kristine Court. Someone had broke a window to get inside and steal an iPod, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Somebody broke into a residence on the 1100 block of Alder Street in Centralia and took knives, tobacco and money, according to a report made to Centralia police on Tuesday.
• Somebody removed a lock and stole money from a newspaper box outside a restaurant on the 3200 block of Galvin Road in Centralia, according to a report made to the Centralia Police Department on Tuesday.
• Somebody cut the fuel lines to three vans belonging to the Adna School District sometime between June 20 and Tuesday, the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office reported yesterday. Gasoline was stolen as well.
• Centralia police were called just before 4 a.m. yesterday to the 800 block of Ham Hill Road where someone had thrown a flower pot through the window of a home.
• Somebody shot out several windows of a vehicle, flattened it tires and spray painted all over it with black paint on the 1800 block of North Pearl Street in Centralia. it was reported about 5 p.m. on Tuesday. Just hours earlier in the same area, the rear window of another vehicle was found shot out. Police say a BB gun may have been used. Police Sgt. Kurt Reichert said it didn’t appear random, it seemed like “somebody was mad at somebody.”
SURLY MAN GETS JAILED
• A 54-year-old man was arrested yesterday after deputies went to a trespass and civil dispute on the 3700 block of Jackson Highway outside Chehalis. He was asked to stop moving items off the property so deputies could question him, but he argued and yelled and said he didn’t have to listen to cops, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. Bruce W. Norris “pushed through” a sergeant, and came at a deputy, refusing to back away when he was told to do so, Chief Civl Deputy Stacy Brown said this morning. Norris was booked into the Lewis County Jail for obstruction, Brown said.
• Chehalis police were called about 4:20 p.m. yesterday after someone watched a truck from Darigold brake one of the arms at the railroad crossing on West Main Street and keep driving. Chehalis police detective Sgt. Rick McNamara said it happens “all the time” because the trucks are long and slow and the drivers usually call in and tell Burlington Northern what happened. Technically it’s a hit and run but whenever police contact Burlington Northern, they say they’ve already spoke with Darigold and will be out to repair it, McNamara said.
• A deputy was called to the 400 block of Toledo-Vader Road on Tuesday where a Lewis County Public Works truck hailing a chip trailer struck a guard rail damaging the trailer, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
• A deputy was called after a car carrying four people attending a festival was totaled in a single-vehicle accident on Forest Road 25 outside Randle on Tuesday morning. The occupants, ages 19 through 26 – from San Francisco, California; Richmond, Virginia; Fort Lauderdale Florida and Cooper City, Florida were mostly uninjured, except one suffered minor cuts to their hand and arm, the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office reported yesterday. The driver had lost control in a curve. He was ticketed, Chief Civl Deputy Stacy Brown said.