OUT OF CONTROL SUBJECT
• A 27-year-old Onalaska man being detained after a family dispute at the 200 block of Guerrier Road found himself in more trouble after he allegedly struck a deputy in the face and head butted the back window of a patrol car, breaking it. It happened after deputies were called about 1:30 p.m. on Friday to a report Corey J. Hickman had assaulted a family member and slashed a tire on their vehicle, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. The deputy sustained a cut above the eye and Hickman had an unspecified injury, both of which were treated at Providence Centralia Hospital, according to the sheriff’s office. Hickman was subsequently booked into the Lewis County Jail for two counts of third-degree assault plus malicious mischief, Cmdr. Steve Aust said.
• A 43-year-old Centralia man was arrested about 12:30 a.m. on Sunday for allegedly going into his ex-girlfriend’s home at the 3700 block of Prairie Avenue outside Centralia and getting into a fight with a male who was there. Both sustained minor injuries and James B. Westley was booked into the Lewis Count Jail for first-degree burglary, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
TVs, FOOD, TOYS TAKEN IN ETHEL BREAK-IN
• A burglary was reported about 2 p.m. yesterday at the 200 block of Kennedy Road in Ethel in which numerous items were taken, including two televisions, alcohol, toys, a comic booked collection, a rock collection and a package of frozen pork. The break-in happened sometime after 5 p.m. on Friday, resulting in a loss of more than $2,200, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
CENTRALIA BURGLARY INCLUDES CAR
• A cell phone and other items were stolen from a home on the 900 block of Ham Hill Road in Centralia as well as a white 1991 Buick out of its garage, according to a report made about 7:30 p.m. on Saturday.
DRIVERS SCHOOL BURGLARIZED
• Centralia police collected blood from a broken window for a DNA check following a burglary to a business at the 1000 block of Kresky Avenue reported on Saturday morning. Several items including electronics were missing from the driving school building, according to the Centralia Police Department.
POWER TOOLS TAKEN IN ADNA
• Someone burglarized a shop on the 1000 block of state Route 6 west of Chehalis sometime after 4:15 p.m. on Thursday and early the following morning and made off with a 2004 Arctic Cat ATV, a Stihl chainsaw, a Stihl blower and a Craftsman air compressor, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
• A powder blue Lexus was reported stolen from the 100 block of North Tower Avenue in Centralia at about 2:40 a.m. on Saturday.
SHED BROKEN INTO
• A storage shed was burglarized at the 1400 block of South Gold Street in Centralia, according to a report made to police on Friday afternoon.
• Someone prowled a vehicle at the 100 block of Chilvers Road and stole an LA Lakers hat, the stereo, the radiator and the battery, according to a report made to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office yesterday morning.
• Chehalis police were called about 11:15 a.m. yesterday after a vehicle prowl at the park and ride on West Main Street. An air compressor was missing from the back of a truck, according to the Chehalis Police Department
• Numerous trucks inside a fenced compound were prowled at Johnson Road and Industrial Drive in Centralia, according to a report made to police about 8:30 a.m. on Friday. A police dog track helped recover some of the missing items in nearby bushes, according to the Centralia Police Department.
NOT A BURGLARY
• Morton police were called about 5 p.m. on Thursday when an individual was seen entering a home through a window at the 100 block of Collar Avenue. The resident had misplaced his house keys and was trying to get inside, according to the Morton Police Department.
• Centralia police were called yesterday about a window being broken out of a vehicle at the 600 block of West Center Street, another at the 400 block of Kearney Street, tires slashed overnight at the 500 block of West Fourth Street and finally, at the 500 block of North Iron Street, one vehicle with tires slashed and a window broken out.
• A 22-year-old Chehalis resident escaped serious injury when a vehicle moved into his lane and knocked him off his motorcycle at about 5:20 p.m. Friday at the 1700 block of North National Avenue, according to police. The victim was scraped up but didn’t need to go to the hospital, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm about 7:30 a.n. today at Scot Industries on Foron Road outside Centralia when sparks ignited oil in an underground trough. Workers had put it out with fire extinguishers, according to Riverside Fire Authority.
AND MORE …
• And more, such as arrests for warrants and DUIs, calls for shoplifting (deodorant, underwear in two separate incidents), fender benders, verbal disputes, suspicious circumstances, bad check, graffiti on fences, asking for help with disobedient teens, removing an unwanted snake from a kitchen, complaints about loud music and a customer trying to pay for gas with change instead of real money … and more.