CENTRALIA HOME BURNS, DISPLACES RESIDENTS
• Nobody was injured but a a mobile home is destroyed from an overnight fire at the 1500 block of Meadow Lane in Centralia, according to Riverside Fire Authority. Firefighters called about 1:10 a.m. were told half the home was on fire and were joined by members of the Chehalis Fire Department. They were able to keep the flames from spreading to nearby vehicles and other homes, Fire Capt. Casey McCarthy reported this morning. The occupants are being assisted by American Red Cross, according to McCarthy. The cause is under investigation.
• Officers called to a dispute involving a gun about 9:45 p.m. yesterday at the 1000 block of Mellen Street in Centralia ended up arresting a 40-year-old Olympia man for theft of a firearm. Arriving officers contacted Wessley W Holt, who reportedly tried to flee but was physically subdued by officers, according to the Centralia Police Department. A search of his truck turned up two stolen pistols, according to police. Holt was booked into the Lewis County Jail.
• Centralia police were called yesterday to the 2800 block of Russell Road in Centralia about a vehicle prowl that occurred sometime overnight. Money is missing, according to the Centralia Police Department.
VEHICLE FIRE BLOCKS ROAD
• Nobody was hurt but a Jeep was totaled when it burned up yesterday evening at the 1700 block of Big Hanaford Road outside Centralia, according to Riverside Fire Authority. Firefighters responding to the approximately 5 p.m. call found the vehicle blocking the roadway and fully involved in flames, according to Fire Capt. Casey McCarthy. They put the fire out, McCarthy indicated.
• And, as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, driving under the influence, driving with suspended license; responses for alarm, dispute, misdemeanor assault, suspicious circumstances … and more, among 158 calls for local law enforcement and / or fire-emergency medical services in the 24-hour period ending about 7 a.m. today.