KIDS INJURED IN SUSPECTED DRUNK DRIVING WRECK
• A 39-year-old Chehalis man was arrested for driving under the influence after he wrecked his car running into a tree along the 2100 block of Rice Road yesterday evening, with four child passengers. Deputies called just before 6 p.m. report only one of the kids, ages 7, 9, 10 and 13, was unhurt. The others sustained cuts, scrapes and bruises, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. The driver, Robert K. Hilkemeier, was treated at the hospital and then booked into the Lewis County Jail. He was also booked for four counts of reckless endangerment, Chief Deputy Stacy Brown said this morning. The 2005 BMW was totaled, Brown said.
• Centralia police were called just after 7 p.m. yesterday to an incident at the 200 block of Downing Road where a 19-year-old man allegedly pulled a knife on a man in his 50s over some kind of family matter. Kanaan J. Reanier, of Burien, was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail for second-degree assault, according to the Centralia Police Department.
BURGLARY CHEHALIS, CENTRALIA
• Chehalis police were called just before 9 a.m. yesterday to the 100 block of Southeast 11th Street where a bicycle, a lawn mower and a portable torch had been stolen from the yard, a shed and the garage.
• An officer was called to the 600 block of Southeast Dobson Court in Chehalis about 9:15 a.m. yesterday where they were told someone entered an unlocked apartment and stole pill bottles containing hydrocodone the previous day.
• A leaf blower was reported missing yesterday from a garage on the 1200 block of South Tower Avenue in Centralia. It went disappeared sometime during the previous week, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Centralia police were called just after 10 a.m. yesterday for the theft of a Toyota Camry from the 400 block of West Main Street. The car was recovered later in the morning about 10 blocks away, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Police were called about 5 p.m. yesterday to a car prowl at the 100 block of Virginia Drive in Centralia. Registration documents were stolen from the unlocked vehicle, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Centralia police were called about 11:25 a.m. yesterday to the 900 block of K Street where someone had broken a a window out of a parked vehicle during the night.
• Chehalis police were called about 9:15 a.m. yesterday regarding an overnight vehicle prowl at the 1500 block of Southwest Kelly Avenue.
• Centralia police were called to the 1800 block of Hillview Road at 7:30 a.m. yesterday to a vehicle prowl. Someone broke out a window and stole a backpack, a GPS device and money, according to the Centralia Police Department. The pack was found several blocks away, according to police.
ON THE ROAD, OFF THE ROAD
• Chehalis police responded to an approximately 9:20 p.m. call yesterday to assist the Washington State Patrol regarding a motorist who said another motorist pointed a gun at them while traveling southbound on Interstate 5. Further details were not readily available.
• And, as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, misdemeanor domestic assault, driving with suspended license, driving under the influence; responses for alarm, dispute, shoplifting, civil issue, third-degree theft, suspicious circumstances, parking lot fender bender, gang graffiti on garages … and more, among 143 calls for local law enforcement and / or fire-emergency medical services in the 24-hour period ending about 7 a.m. today.