HOME CATCHES FIRE NEAR GALVIN
• A house fire that broke out near Galvin yesterday afternoon seems to have begun in the chimney area of a wood stove, according to Riverside Fire Authority. Firefighters called at 4:15 p.m. to the 300 block of Mattson Road found residents had attempted to put it out with a garden hose, Capt. Terry Ternan said. Damaged were the kitchen, living room and a bedroom, Ternan said. Nobody was injured but the residents had to find another place to stay last night, he said.
ADNA HOME BURGLARIZED
• Someone broke into a residence on the 200 block of Bunker Creek Road west of Chehalis yesterday and made off with Xbox equipment and jewelry, including two sapphire rings, a diamond necklace and an antique pearl bracelet and necklace set, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. Also missing was $420 cash, according to the sheriff’s office. It occurred sometime between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m., Chief Civil Deputy Stacy Brown said. The loss is estimated at more than $2,000.
MAN ARRESTED FOR SHOPLIFTING TV
• Centralia police called around 11:30 a.m. yesterday about the theft of a 32-inch television from Rite Aid on Harrison Avenue tracked a suspect to his nearby home where they recovered the TV. Steve Ingle Jr., 32, was arrested for third-degree theft and booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Centralia Police Department.
CENTRALIA COFFEE STAND BROKEN INTO
• A debit card machine and cash were taken in a coffee stand burglary on the 1800 block of North Pearl Street in Centralia discovered about 5:20 a.m. today.
DOMESTIC FIGHT LEADS TO ARREST
• Police called about 10 p.m. last night to a home on the 300 block of West Summa Street arrested a 26-year-old man who allegedly blocked his girlfriend’s way out of the bedroom during an argument. Angilo M. Saville wouldn’t let her leave and she immediately dialed 911, according to the Centralia Police Department. Saville was booked into the Lewis County Jail for unlawful imprisonment, according to police. However, he is to be released without charges pending further investigation.
• A 30-year-old homeless man was arrested yesterday for possession of methamphetamine after contact with an officer about 12:15 p.m. at the 1800 block of Cooks Hill Road in Centralia. Ryan M. Strayer had a pipe with suspected meth residue, according to police. He was booked into the Lewis County Jail.
MORE CAR PROWLS IN CHEHALIS
• Chehalis police responded early yesterday morning to three vehicle prowls, beginning about 3:40 a.m. Hit were vehicles in the 1600 block of Southwest Gails Avenue, the 1800 block of Southwest Ruzicka Drive and the 1400 block of Grandview Avenue, according to the Chehalis Police Department. There appears to be an increase in prowls over the past few days, primarily all in the same part of town, Sgt. Brian Hickey said.
CAR FIRE AT SCHOOL
• Firefighters were called about 7:48 a.m. today when a car caught fire on H Street across from Edison Elementary School in Centralia. The driver who was dropping her child off at school noticed an electrical smell and then smoke began billowing from the hood of the car, according to Riverside Fire Authority. She got the little one out and firefighters extinguished the blaze, according to Capt. Terry Ternan. Nobody was hurt.