Updated at 1:22 p.m.
• Deputies called to the 100 block of Harold Drive in Chehalis at 6 p.m. yesterday for a verbal dispute were told a firearm had been brandished and upon discovering the subject was ineligible to possess guns, arrested 44-year-old Robert T. Cheney. Cheney was booked into the Lewis County Jail for first-degree unlawful possession of a firearm, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
BRANDISHING PRIVATE PARTS
• An unknown male subject entered a business on the 200 block of North Tower Avenue and exposed himself to an employee before being kicked out of the business, according to a report made to Centralia police just before 4 p.m. yesterday.
• Centralia police responded just before 2 a.m. today to the 100 block of East High Street where someone had tried to pry open the back door of a business.
• Centralia police were called yesterday to the 1000 block of B Street where during the night, a unknown person entered a detached garage and stole a propane heater, boots, a bar stool and two Airsoft pistols.
• When police contacted a 27-year-old Centralia woman for allegedly attempting to gain entry to multiple vehicles at the 1000 block of Eckerson Road about 1:35 a.m. today, they found she was in possession of methamphetamine, according to the Centralia Police Department. Roxanne M. Phillips was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to police.
THEFT OF WALLET
• Chehalis police were called to a business on the 1400 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue about 11:45 a.m. yesterday after a customer went to pay for her items, realized she had set her wrist wallet down on a shirt rack, went back there and discovered it was gone, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• Centralia police took a report about 8:30 p.m. yesterday that someone stabbed the sidewall of a vehicle’s tire causing it to go flat at Center Street and North Tower Avenue.
LOST WALLET, PHONE
• A 67-year-old homeless man called 911 from the lobby of the Lewis County Law and Justice Center in Chehalis about 9:40 a.m. yesterday to report he’d lost his wallet and cell phone. It happened anywhere from the area of state Route 6 to in town, an officer was told. The phone is an LG brand, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
AND FROM MORTON
• Morton police reported yesterday the owner of a pair of dogs was cited following an incident from a week ago in which the animals reportedly attacked a house cat on a porch in the area of the 500 block of Main Avenue in Morton. The cat did not survive its injuries, according to the Morton Police Department.
• Firefighters were called about 4 p.m. yesterday to a fully involved in flames utility truck on southbound Interstate 5 just south of the U.S. Highway 12 interchange. The fire was extinguished and nobody was injured, according to Lewis County Fire District 5.
• And, as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, driving under the influence; responses for alarm, dispute, civil issue, harassment, vehicle collision, suspicious circumstances … and more among 137 calls for local law enforcement and / or fire-emergency medical services in the 24-hour period ending about 7 a.m. today.