News brief: Glenoma house fire victims died of smoke inhalation

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 8:20 am

By Sharyn L. Decker
Lewis County Sirens news reporter

CHEHALIS – The three residents of the home that caught fire in Glenoma last week died from smoke inhalation, according to the Lewis County Coroner’s Office.

2017.0209.glenomahousefire9309small

Frost Creek Road

Coroner Warren McLeod this morning identified them as Alice M. Lauer, 83,  Lynn L. Lauer, 72, and Dennis L. Watson, 51.

The fire broke out in the single-story home on the 100 block of Frost Creek Road early last Thursday morning. Once the blaze was extinguished and the scene cooled down, responders were able to retrieve three bodies from inside.

The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office and a fire investigator are jointly investigating the incident.

Chief Deputy Dusty Breen has said they knew the house was occupied by a husband, his wife and adult son, but the formal identification was made by the coroner’s office.

Coroner McLeod indicated this morning the cause of death for each victim has been ruled as asphyxia secondary to the inhalation of combustible materials.

Authorities have not not said what they think ignited the fire.
•••

For background, read “Glenoma fire, death investigation continues” from Friday February 10, 2017, here

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply