SHERIFF’S OFFICE: PILFERING PLANKS
• A 47-year-old Centralia man was arrested after a deputy was called just after noon yesterday to a barn structure at the 200 block of Stearns Road west of Chehalis where he was allegedly taking some wooden boards. Jeffrey A. Pickett said he had the owner’s permission but didn’t know the owner’s first name, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. Pickett was booked into the Lewis County Jail for second-degree burglary, according to the sheriff’s office. Prosecutors declined to file a felony charge.
• A yellow 1986 Mazda pickup was reported stolen just after 1 p.m. yesterday from the 300 block of West Pine Street in Centralia. It has a license plate reading C02458H, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Chehalis police were called about 3:45 p.m. yesterday to the 2100 block of North National Avenue following the discovery that a silver trailer-tow dolly was missing.
• Centralia police were called about 2:45 p.m. on Wednesday to the 500 block of East Summa Street regarding a vehicle theft.
• Centralia police were called just after 10 a.m. yesterday to take a report of the theft of cash from a residence on the 600 block of Lakeshore Drive in Centralia.
• Chehalis police took a report on Wednesday afternoon from a woman who said valuables were taken from her purse while it was at the 100 block of Southwest Fifth Street. Among the missing items were a driver’s license and bank cards, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• Centralia police were called about 1:50 p.m. on Wednesday to take a report of the theft of prescription medication from the 1700 block of Sunset Way.
• Someone stole a Stihl MS660 chainsaw from the back of a truck parked at the 2700 block of Graf Road in Centralia sometime between 7 p.m. on Wednesday and 2 p.m. yesterday, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. The loss is about $1,000, according to the sheriff’s office.
• Centralia police were called to Providence Centralia Hospital on the 900 block of South Scheuber Road about 9:10 p.m. yesterday where an individual was allegedly causing a scene and refusing to leave. Randy W. Hausinger, 55, of Shelton, was arrested for interfering with a health care facility and booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Centralia Police Department. Police had arrested then released Hausinger about 7:25 p.m. the day before at the 200 block of North Railroad Avenue for allegedly drinking alcohol at a bus stop, citing him for unlawful transit conduct, according to police.
• Centralia police were called about 4:20 p.m. yesterday to take a report of alleged inappropriate touching of a child, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A 37-year-old Chehalis man was arrested for possession of methamphetamine after contact with an officer at the 900 block of Ellsbury Street in Centralia about 8 a.m. on Wednesday. James L. Costalez booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A 41-year-old Centralia woman was arrested just after 1 a.m. yesterday for allegedly throwing a baseball bat at her son’s vehicle and damaging it at Oxford Avenue and and Warren Street in Centralia. Stacy M. Burleson was cited for third-degree malicious mischief and then released, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Chehalis police were called at 11:30 p.m. yesterday regarding someone throwing eggs at a vehicle and slashing two of its tires at the 200 block of West Main Street.
• And, as usual, other incidents such as arrests for drugs, warrant, misdemeanor domestic assault, trespassing, protection order violation, driving with suspended license; responses for alarm, dispute, civil issue, hit and run, vehicle collision, suspicious circumstances, person sleeping on somebody else’s porch … and more among 277 calls for local law enforcement and / or fire-emergency medical services in the 48-hour period ending about 7 a.m. today.