Updated at 12:40 p.m.
SEX CRIME ALLEGATIONS
• A 22-year-old Winlock man was arrested about 9:30 a.m. yesterday at the 400 block of Sears Road in Winlock in connection with an ongoing investigation in which he allegedly had sexual relations with a 15-year-old girl. The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office reports the two considered themselves in a dating relationship and Michael A. Ryan Jr. was arrested for three counts of third-degree rape of a child for instances occurring between August and December of last year. He was booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to the sheriff’s office.
• A 30-year-old Centralia man was arrested yesterday evening following allegations he touched the private parts of a 6-year-old female friend of the family. Allen A. Clark was contacted about 6 p.m. in connection with an incident that allegedly took place previously at Newaukum Golf Drive in Chehalis and arrested for first-degree child molestation, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. However, he is to be released with no criminal charges filed pending further investigation.
• Police took a report last night about the theft of medication from the 900 block of F Street in Centralia.
• Police were called to the 900 block of South Schueber Road about 12:10 p.m. yesterday about the theft of money while the victim was in the hospital. The case is under investigation, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A 34-year-old Centralia resident on a bicycle who last night reportedly tried to evade an officer attempting to stop him and warn him about not having lights was arrested for obstructing a public servant. Levi P. Hart was cited and then released, after contact with police about 10:50 p.m. at the 1000 block of Harrison Avenue, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A call yesterday morning about a woman chanting and throwing rocks at passing motorists along the 9000 block of U.S. Highway 12 ended with a warrant arrest for the agitated suspect at the Gas Plus in Morton, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. As a deputy arrived about 10:30 a.m., the woman had just boarded a bus and when it stopped in Morton and she was contacted, the deputy learned she was wanted by Chehalis police in connection with a previous disorderly person case, according to the sheriff’s office. Thirty-six-year-old Heather Villalba of Mossyrock was booked into the Lewis County Jail.
• Chehalis police were called about 3:20 p.m. yesterday to the parking lot at Yard Birds Mall to a report one dog attacked another dog inside a vehicle. Detective Sgt. Gary Wilson said he didn’t have all the details yet, but believed it involved a Healer and a Dachshund and understood it was fairly horrific. The smaller dog was taken to a veterinarian severely injured, he said. The pets both belong to the same man who was inside Yard Birds, he said. The animal control officer is investigating.
BARN FIRE AVERTED
• Firefighters were called about 7 p.m. yesterday to a barn fire near the 200 block of Cousins Road west of Chehalis. There was a little bit of fire inside the structure that had begun working its way up a wall but the owner had put it out with a garden hose before the crew arrived, according to Lewis County Fire District 6.
• And as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, misdemeanor assault, driving under the influence, driving with suspended license; responses for dispute, shoplifting, collision on city street, suspicious person … and more.