WOOD MILL FIRE EXTINGUISHED
• Crews from three fire departments responded about 3 o’clock this morning to a fire at a wood mill in north Centralia. Sawdust inside a baghouse had ignited at the 1300 block of Central Boulevard, according to Riverside Fire Authority. They flooded the inside of the hopper where the burning was mostly contained, Capt. Scott Snyder said. Firefighters were on the scene until roughly 5:30 a.m., he said.
MESSING WITH ORANGE CONES LANDS MAN IN JAIL
• Centralia police called about 5:30 p.m. yesterday to the intersection of North Pearl Street and Reynolds Avenue arrested a 42-year-old man who had allegedly rearranged traffic cones from the construction area in such a way so that if vehicles followed the indicated path, they would have crashed head on. “He was intoxicated,” Officer John Panco said. Paul I. Ramirez, a homeless person, was arrested for reckless endangerment and booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Police this morning are investigating a possible stolen vehicle from Mellen Street in Centralia. The victim contacted police about 6:30 a.m. about the blue pickup truck but it’s not clear yet if it might have just been misplaced, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A 35-year-old Pe Ell resident was arrested on Thursday after deputies traced a stolen tractor to his property. The red Massey Ferguson tractor found under cover at the 300 block of Pleasant Avenue had been taken from an open barn area on Roundtree Road in Curtis, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. Daniel G. Thompson Jr. was booked into the Lewis County Jail for second-degree burglary, according to the sheriff’s office. The investigation is ongoing, Sgt. Rob Snaza said.
MISSING BIKE RECOVERED
• A 41-year-old Centralia man was arrested yesterday evening for allegedly selling a stolen bicycle. The bike turned up on the 300 block of West Magnolia Street in Centralia, according to the Centralia Police Department. Alex S. Escamilla was booked into the Lewis County Jail for second-degree trafficking stolen property, according to police.
• A bicycle was taken from the back of a truck at the 13300 block of Belmont Avenue in Centralia, according to a report made to police around noon yesterday.
• A 24-year-old Chehalis man was arrested for driving under the influence after he allegedly ran into a parked vehicle and continued on from the 900 block of North Tower Avenue in Centralia early yesterday morning. Officers arriving about 3 a.m. found a license plate was dropped at the scene which led them to Jacob W. Kreidler, according to the Centralia Police Department. He was booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to police.
• Police arrested a 74-year-old Centralia man for driving under the influence after he was involved in a single vehicle collision with a tree about 9 p.m. on Thursday at the 100 block of South Tower Avenue in Centralia. Richard C. Wilsie was cited and then released, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• One of two teenaged girls in a single-vehicle accident was taken to the hospital on Thursday evening at the 200 block of Southwest 13th Street in Chehalis. Their car traveled through the grass into the parking lot near the playground missing a tree but striking another vehicle, according to the Chehalis Fire Department. Both cars sustained serious damage, Capt. Casey Beck said.
• And as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, driving with suspended license, violation of no contact order, misdemeanor assault; responses for disputes, drugs found in dressing room at Wal-Mart, a Dachshund wandering inside Wal-Mart … and more.
CORRECTION: The item about the arrest involving a stolen tractor found in Pe Ell on the property of Daniel G. Thompson Jr. has been updated to reflect his correct age. The sheriff’s office initially provided erroneous information.