LIQUOR STING NETS BARTENDERS
• Law officers were bar hopping on Saturday night – along with an undercover, underage assistant who helped snag four bartenders that served alcohol to a minor, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies working with agents from the Washington State Liquor Control Board began at the Tall Timber on U.S. Highway 12 in Randle where the 18-year-old “investigative aid” was able to purchase alcohol, according to Chief Civil Deputy Stacy Brown. Bartender Staci K. Davis, 45, of Randle, was the first to be issued a criminal citation for furnishing liquor to a minor, Brown said this morning. They moved to the Paradise Restaurant and Lounge on Chehalis Avenue in Chehalis where Kimberly M. Brown, 28, of Chehalis, was cited, Chief Brown said. At the Rumors tavern on Northwest Pacific Avenue in Chehalis, they cited Kristin M. Homan, 36, of Chehalis and finally, a citation was issued to Elizabeth R. Boylan, 28, of Chehalis, a bartender at the Tower Tavern on Tower Avenue in Centralia, according to Brown.
CAN OF FOOD TOSSED AT MOTORIST
• Centralia police were called about 11 o’clock last night after somebody in a white van threw a can of dog food at an individual’s vehicle on West Main Street.
• Chehalis police were called about 4:40 p.m. yesterday to Southwest Third Street where a red Honda Accord was believed to have been stolen within the previous hour.
• A five-gallon gas can was stolen from a shed on the 100 block of Orchard Drive in Salkum yesterday sometime between 8 a.m. and 8:45 p.m., according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. Somebody had also tried to force their way through the front door a the residence, but didn’t get in, according to Chief Civil Deputy Stacy Brown.
• Tools and a radiator were stolen from a garage on the 2000 block of Williams Street in Centralia, according to a report made to police yesterday afternoon.
• Chehalis police were called to a retirement home on Northwest Quincy Place yesterday to a complaint money had been stolen from somebody’s room. Further details were not readily available.
• Centralia police took a report about 9 p.m. last night of a car prowl on the 600 block of West Main Street. A purse was stolen, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Chehalis police were called yesterday about a car prowl near the 500 block of North Market Boulevard in which a wallet was taken. It apparently occurred on Friday night.
• A 25-year-old Centralia resident was arrested for possession of heroin and a warrant last night after contact with an officer on the 100 block of West High Street in Centralia. Jamie R. Anderson was booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to Centralia police.
• A teenage driver was hospitalized after a single-vehicle crash near Haliday and Little Hanaford roads outside Centralia yesterday evening. Aid was called about 7:30 p.m. and found a Toyota Camry had left the road and taken out a light pole, according to Riverside Fire Authority. The young male patient was taken to Providence Centralia Hospital to be checked, primarily because of the seriousness of the wreck, fire Capt. Ken Colombo said.