• Centralia police reported yesterday an 18-year-old man stabbed himself with a knife after assaulting two family members at the 1000 block of Scammon Creek Road. Matthew W. Duncan, of Centralia, was hospitalized after the Wednesday evening incident and police arrested him for misdemeanor assault but left him in the care of the hospital, according to the Centralia Police Department.
ROCHESTER MAN FINDS HIS OWN STOLEN STUFF FOR SALE
• An off-road vehicle valued at $4,000 was recovered after a Rochester resident spotted his stolen ORV for sale on Craigs List, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. The owner responded to a listing and went to the 1600 block of Big Hanaford Road outside Centralia on Wednesday where he concluded the vehicle was his, Chief Deputy Stacy Brown said. The seller claimed they had gotten in trade for a motorcycle from Yelm, Brown said.
THEFT AND BURGLARY
• Several guns and knives were reported stolen from a trailer on the 1200 block of West Main Street in Centralia early yesterday morning, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A 22 gauge shotgun and a British rifle were among the items missing from an RV on vacation property east of Randle, the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office reported this morning. A deputy called on Wednesday to the 100 block of Bevin Lake Road was told by the owner somebody stole the guns and other items sometime since November 1, according to the sheriff’s office.
• A bottle of cologne and $7 in quarters were stolen in a burglary to a residence on the 500 block of Brown Road East outside of Chehalis, the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office reported yesterday. It happened sometime between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Wednesday, the sheriff’s office reported.
• Centralia police were called to a burglary at a business on the 2300 block of North Pearl Street on Wednesday afternoon.
• Centralia police took a report of a vehicle prowl on the 400 block of Oak Street in Centralia yesterday.
• Chehalis police were called to a vehicle prowl on Wednesday morning on the 300 block of Southwest Third Street.
• Centralia police were called yesterday about two tires being slashed at the 500 block of East Maple Street.
• An officer was called yesterday to the 400 block of Union Street in Centralia abut someone shooting BBs through windows.
JUDGE FINDS MARIJUANA PIPE IN COURTROOM
• A 24-year-old Centralia man who got in trouble for leaving a marijuana pipe in a courtroom subsequently helped detectives solve a burglary in which more than $6,000 in property, including a Ruger pistol, had been taken, the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office reported yesterday. Albert D. Melton, 24, was in a Lewis County courtroom in Chehalis last week and told by a judge to wait in the jury box to be taken to jail, Chief Stacy Brown said. Later, the pipe was found where he had been sitting, she said. When asked later by a detective if he knew why he was talking to him, Melton reportedly spilled information about an October burglary on the 2800 block of state Route 508. The information led to two burglary arrests; one for Melton and another for Byron K. Sedrick, 31, of Centralia, according to Brown.