JUDGE SENDS MAN TO JAIL FOR APPEARING IN COURT INTOXICATED
• A 60-year-old Centralia man who reportedly came to court drunk yesterday morning after twice being told by a judge to return to court sober was cited by a judge for contempt and taken to jail, according to the Centralia Police Department. Steven G. Thurman was booked into the Lewis County Jail after police summoned to Centralia Municipal Court just after 8 a.m. administered a portable breath test, according to Sgt. Kurt Reichert.
• A 52-year-old Centralia man was arrested yesterday after he allegedly propositioned another man in Borst Park in Centralia and grabbed him between the legs. The 25-year-old victim offered to break the man’s hand and called 911, according to Sgt. Kurt Reichert said. Steven D. Koreis was booked into the Lewis County Jail for fourth-degree assault, according to the Centralia Police Department. He was released yesterday afternoon.
• A 78-year-old woman’s car was stolen from a church parking lot yesterday at the 2300 block of Sandra Avenue sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. A deputy called to the Centralia Bible Evangelical Free Church was told she may have left her keys hanging in the church door when she arrived, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. Missing is a dark gray 1996 Saturn wagon, according to the sheriff’s office.
• A deputy took a report yesterday of a red 1993 Chevrolet pickup truck stolen from the 3900 block of Harrison Avenue in Centralia on Friday between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. It was a work truck parked at an employee’s home and belonging to a reforestation company, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
TROUSERS AND SHIRT TAKEN
• A 22-year-old Centralia man who allegedly stole a pair of pants and shirt from relatives and returned them to the store for cash was arrested late yesterday for trafficking in stolen property. Travis Amburgy was arrested also for possession of methamphetamine in connection with a call just before 6 p.m. to the 1900 block of Van Wormer Street in Centralia, according to the Centralia Police Department. He was booked into the Lewis County Jail.
• A 16-year-old driver who said he swerved to miss a deer along a curve and wrecked his 2001 Ford Explorer suffered abrasions on his neck and chest , the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office said this morning. The accident on the 500 block of Logan Hill Road about noon time on Monday in Chehalis left the truck with major damage, according to the sheriff’s office.