WANTED MAN FOUND IN RIVER
• A 32-year-old Centralia man was arrested yesterday afternoon following a search in the area of Rotary Riverside Park in Centralia when police located him hiding under some brush in the Skookumchuck River, according to the Centralia Police Department. Members of the department’s special Anti-Crime Team went to the King Oscar Motel on Eckerson Road looking for Dana M. Johnson in connection with a previous search warrant, according to police. Sgt. Kurt Reichert said Johnson was leaving when they arrived and officers spent more than two hours attempting to locate him. He had been staying at the motel, and police found drugs there, included more than 55 grams of suspected methamphetamine and a small amount of heroin, according to Reichert. He was booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to police.
• An 18-year-old Chehalis area resident was arrested last night in connection with a burglary reported a few days ago by his grandfather at the 100 block of Alderwood Drive where they both live, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. Chief Criminal Deputy Gene Seiber said stolen property was recovered and Dillan G. Gleason was booked into the Lewis County jail for first-degree theft.
• Chehalis police were called to a burglary at the 600 block of Northwest St. Helens Avenue about 6:30 p.m. yesterday in which an Apple iPad was among the valuables missing, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• A deputy took a report from the 400 block of Ingalls Road west of Centralia yesterday where gas cans and a chain saw went missing from a shop sometime between last Friday and Monday. The loss is about $700, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
• A 35-year-old Chehalis man called police yesterday evening after discovering someone charged $800 on his credit card for a roundtrip airline ticket between Virginia and Connecticut, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• Police were called about 5:20 a.m. today to the 1700 block of Sunset Way in Centralia where someone rummaged through four parked vehicles.
• Someone got into a duffel bag inside an unlocked vehicle at the 300 block of Southwest Third Street in Chehalis and took about $45, according to a report made to police yesterday morning.
• A collision between a semi truck and a car last night on Interstate 5 north of Centralia ended with no injuries, according to Riverside Fire Authority. It happened in the northbound lanes just after 9 p.m. north of milepost 83 and appeared the passenger vehicle just “touched” the big rig’s front wheel, according to Fire Capt. Tim Adolphsen.
• Firefighters were called about 6 p.m. yesterday to a single-vehicle rollover wreck on state Route 507 just beyond Schaeffer Park in north Centralia. The driver had gotten himself out of his pickup truck and was transported to Providence Centralia Hospital to be checked out, according to Riverside Fire Authority. “He really didn’t want to go, but we talked him into it, as a precaution,” Fire Capt. Tim Adolphsen said.
• And as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, driving with suspended license, trespass; responses for alarm, misdemeanor theft; complaint of neighbor’s very loud television … and more.