Updated at 1:12 p.m.
• A 33-year-old Chehalis resident was arrested last night after police were called to the 900 block of South Scheuber Road in Centralia because he allegedly threatened to kill nurses there. Michael A. Hilton also allegedly spit in the faces of a nurse and a police officer. He was booked into the Lewis County Jail for felony harassment and two counts of third-degree assault, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A 35-year-old Centralia man allegedly broke out the glass to a sliding door at a healthcare facility at the 900 block of South Scheuber Road in Centralia. Officers responding to the approximately 11:15 a.m. call arrested Joseph E. Leyva for second-degree malicious mischief and booked him in to the Lewis County Jail, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A deputy was called to the Lewis County Jail about 9:10 p.m. yesterday to investigate damage to a camera and phone system in a holding cell allegedly caused by an inmate. Lucas J. Davis, 31, of Centralia, was additionally booked for first-degree malicious mischief, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
• Chehalis police were called yesterday to Green Hill School to investigate an incident from the day before in which a 16-year-old student-inmate was stomped on and stabbed in the head with a pencil, allegedly by a pair of fellow student-inmates. Cases for second-degree assault are being forwarded to prosecutors regarding the 19-year-olds, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• A deputy was called yesterday morning to a storage building at the 4800 block of Galvin Road where an unknown person had cut a padlock and removed an antique typewriter and an antique camping kit sometime during the previous week, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. There may be other property missing but the case is still under investigation, according to the sheriff’s office.
• A case involving a juvenile was referred to Lewis County juvenile prosecutors for a charge of possession of marijuana, in connection with an officer contact about 1:30 p.m. yesterday at the 800 block of Eshom Road in Centralia.
ON THE ROAD, OFF THE ROAD
• A semi-truck pulling a long trailer struck an overhead traffic light pole on South Pearl and Cherry streets just before 4 p.m. yesterday, blocking the intersection for some time and completely disabling the traffic lights for the intersection, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A 31-year-old Tacoma motorist was arrested after he lost control and ran his 1993 Ford Explorer into a ditch along the Cispus Road outside Randle yesterday, causing major damage to the vehicle. A deputy responding to approximately milepost 5 yesterday afternoon learned that Leviticus C. Gese was driving with a suspended license in the third degree and booked him into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
• And, as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, probation violation, misdemeanor assault; responses for alarm, dispute, civil issue, shoplifting, vehicle collision, suspicious circumstances … and more among 141 calls for local law enforcement and / or fire-emergency medical services in the 24-hour period ending about 7 a.m. today.