SMOKE IN THE BOYS ROOM
• Police responded to Centralia Middle School about 10:40 a.m. yesterday and arrested two teenage boys for allegedly setting fire to a plastic light cover in the boy’s bathroom. Further details were not readily available, however, according to Riverside Fire Authority, there was no actual fire and firefighters were not summoned to the Johnson Road school. The two were booked into the Lewis County Juvenile Detention Center for first-degree arson, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A light blue 2012 Ford Focus was stolen from a driveway at a residence on the 3000 block of Skate Creek Road North in Ashford sometime between 4 p.m. on Sunday and 11 o’clock yesterday morning, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. It has a license plate of AGL 0040, the sheriff’s office reported this morning. There is no suspect information, Chief Civil Deputy Stacy Brown said.
• Morton police reported yesterday they are continuing to investigate a report of an assault made on Wednesday about an incident that might have occurred the previous weekend at the Bucksnort Pub.
• An officer was called on Thursday afternoon about a burglary to an apartment at the 300 block of Westlake Avenue in Morton. Police reported yesterday the victim believed someone entered the home a day or two before and took a number of unspecified items.
• Tire rims were reported stolen yesterday morning from behind a business on the 1000 block of West Main Street in Centralia, according to police.
• Centralia police took a report yesterday that someone stole a wallet from a vehicle at the 1100 block of Woodland Avenue in Centralia. It occurred sometime since Saturday evening, according to police.
VANDALISM OR BAD PARK JOB
• Chehalis police called about 11 a.m. yesterday to a complaint someone slashed two tires on a vehicle on Northwest Florida Avenue noticed rub marks, as opposed to punctures, on both tires on the curb side, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• And as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, driving with a suspended license, shoplifting, DUI; responses for burglar alarms, misdemeanor thefts, disturbances; complaints of disorderly dogs … and more.