Updated at 6:58 p.m.
ATTACKED ON RAILROAD AVENUE
• Centralia police were called at 8:50 p.m. yesterday to the 200 block of Railroad Avenue on a report of a bloodied male who had been beaten and robbed of some of his property. The victim was transported to the hospital for treatment and advised his assailant was a bald man and possibly two other males were involved, according to the Centralia Police Department. Later in the night, officers were called to a homeless shelter regarding a naked and disorderly person to be removed, according to police. The earlier robbery victim who was out of the hospital by then was also present at the shelter, identified the disorderly man as his attacker, police reported. William F. Adams, 40, of Marysville, was arrested and booked into the Lewis County Jail for second-degree assault, first-degree robbery and possession of methamphetamine, according to police.
THREATENED AT BELMONT AVENUE
• A 40-year-old Centralia man who allegedly displayed a knife and threatened to kill a person at the 100 block of Belmont Avenue in Centralia was arrested yesterday morning for felony harassment. Officers called just before 7 a.m. booked Patrick R. Lytle, 40, of Centralia, into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Centralia Police Department. He was charged instead in Lewis County District Court with harassment, a gross misdemeanor.
• A 24-year-old Centralia woman was arrested following a call just before 2 p.m. yesterday for allegedly assaulting two members of security staff at a healthcare facility at the 900 block of South Scheuber Road in Centralia. Amanda B. Smith, 24, was booked into the Lewis County Jail for two counts of third-degree assault, according to the Centralia Police Department. However, prosecutors declined to file the felony charges and referred the case to municipal court.
• Centralia police were called to a healthcare facility at the 900 block of South Scheuber Road just before 6 a.m. yesterday where a 61-year-old allegedly assaulted security staff. Mahlon L. Wigginton, of Centralia, was arrested for third-degree assault and then released, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Chehalis police were called just after 6:30 p.m. yesterday after a customer jumped over the pharmacy counter at K-Mart and grabbed prescription cough syrup and put it in a bag. The subject fled the store, but dropped the stolen item on the floor, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
BURGLARY AND THEFT
• Centralia police were called just before 2 p.m. yesterday for a burglary to an apartment at the 300 block of East Pear Street.
• A deputy was called yesterday to the 100 block of Ridge Lane in Packwood after the front door to a residence was found forced open. Among the missing property is a propane fireplace and two flat screen televisions, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
• Centralia police responded to an approximately 12:10 a.m. call today from a motel at the 1300 block of Belmont Avenue to take a report a wallet had been stolen.
SEARCH FOR DRUGS
• Deputies arrested a 25-year-old Rochester man for outstanding warrants and driving with a suspended license when they responded to an approximately 7 a.m. call yesterday about a strange vehicle in someone’s driveway area at the 2400 block of Seminary Hill Road in Centralia. Adam I. McGowan was booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. Chief Deputy Dusty Breen said passengers included a 20-year-old woman and a 52-year-old man and information about suspected drugs in the trunk is leading to a request for a search warrant to look for “additional controlled substances.”
• Drug detectives got a search warrant for a home in north Centralia yesterday and arrested two men for possession of methamphetamine. They went to the home of 45-year-old Donald E. Cheney Jr. on Noel Avenue, knocked, and multiple individuals exited the residence, according to court documents. When Cheney was searched, they found suspected meth on him and more on his bed, next to a loaded Ruger pistol, according to the documents. Cheney was booked into the Lewis County Jail and charged today in Lewis County Superior Court with possession of methamphetamine as well as second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm. Steven A. Dembrowicz, 37, was also arrested as residue on a bong and baggies in his bedroom field tested positive for meth, according to charging papers. Dembrowicz was charged today with possession of methamphetamine. The case was investigated by the Joint Narcotics Enforcement Team.
• Centralia police were called just before 5 a.m. today to the 800 block of E Street when a resident heard a noise outside and subsequently discovered a gas cap was removed and fuel stolen from a vehicle.
• Centralia police were called yesterday afternoon to the 1000 block of K Street to take a report that a firearm had been stolen from a vehicle five years earlier.
• Chehalis police were called to the 1500 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue yesterday following the discovery someone had siphoned gasoline from a work van.
• Centralia police responded to an approximately 8:15 a.m. call yesterday to the 1200 block of North Pearl Street where someone had broke out the window a vehicle and stole items from inside. A computer and a backpack were stolen from a second vehicle in the area, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Chehalis police were called just before 9 a.m. yesterday to the 1300 block of Bishop Road after a vehicle pulled up, a male got out and smashed the window of a parked vehicle to steal a purse. Less than a half an hour later, an officer was called for a similar occurrence at the 2200 block of Jackson Highway, according to the Chehalis Police Department. Department spokesperson Linda Bailey said the suspect vehicle in multiple prowls at daycares in Chehalis in Centralia is a white passenger vehicle with tinted windows and possibly California plates
• A 21-year-old Centralia resident who allegedly punched out the window of someone else’s vehicle at the 1100 block of South Pearl Street was arrested yesterday for third-degree malicious. Juan C. Andrews was booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Chehalis police were called just before 7:30 a.m. today to a business at the 1500 block of Northwest State Avenue where someone had broken out a large showroom window. The loss is estimated at $2,000, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• And, as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, drinking in public, protection order violation, misdemeanor assault, driving with suspended license; responses for alarm, dispute, civil issue, shoplifting, suspicious circumstances, dog shot with a BB gun, male sitting at a bus stop in the same spot for over a week … and more among 129 calls for local law enforcement and / or fire-emergency medical services in the 24-hour period ending about 7 a.m. today.