WOMAN CARRIED TO SAFETY FROM SMOKE-FILLED RESIDENCE
• A 73-year-old woman was rescued from her smoke-filled apartment in Chehalis last night, and was unharmed, according to the Chehalis Fire Department. Police and firefighters were called at 8:05 p.m. to the Vintage Apartments on the 1500 block of North National Avenue where a smoke alarm was going off and neighbors were banging on a door trying to get the resident to come out, according to Capt. Rob Gebhart. Gebhart said he forced open the door, and found the woman sitting inside was disoriented, so he picked her up and carried her into the hallway. There was burned food on the stove which they moved, and then the crew removed the smoke from the unit, according to Gebhart. The woman was taken care of by medics for a medical episode unrelated to the smoke, he said, and then able to reoccupy her apartment.
• Centralia police were called about 8:40 a.m. yesterday to investigate an overnight break-in at a church on the 200 block of North Washington Avenue.
• Centralia police responded to an approximately 12:15 p.m. call yesterday regarding a laptop computer and a briefcase stolen during a break-in to a business on the 1100 block of Kresky Avenue.
• Someone broke into a business on the 700 block of West Main Street in Centralia and ransacked the place, according to a report made to police about 9:20 a.m. yesterday. Nothing appeared to be missing, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Centralia police were called at noon yesterday to an apartment on the 200 block of South Diamond Street regarding someone breaking in and rifling through things. Nothing was immediately noted as stolen, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Centralia police took a report about 7 o’clock this morning of a red 1994 Honda Civic stolen from the 900 block of South Tower Avenue. The car, with red rims, multiple stickers and a loud exhaust, has a license plate of ATN7100, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A 1996 Acura discovered missing yesterday morning from Southwest 11th Street in Chehalis was located in Thurston County, burned out and minus its wheels and tires, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• And as usual, other incidents such as arrests for warrants, shoplifting, drugs; responses for alarm, dispute, disorderly person, protection order violation, collisions on city streets; complaint about someone approaching motorists and asking for money … and more.