MAN ASKS TO GO TO JAIL
• A 30-year-old man was arrested last night after he was contacted by a deputy for walking in the roadway in Centralia, and then ran into someone’s yard screaming “Arrest me, take me to jail,” according to police. Centralia police Sgt. Stacy Denham said the man charged toward the deputy who took him into custody at the 1600 block of North Pearl Street. It happened just before 7 p.m. Michael R. Ward, a Centralia resident, was booked into the Lewis County Jail for trespassing, according to the Centralia Police Department.
VALUABLES PILFERED DURING PARTY
• A 49-year-old Mossyrock area man called the sheriff’s office yesterday about several items which were apparently stolen during a graduation barbeque held over the weekend. A deputy who responded to the 600 block of Green Mountain Road was told there were more than 60 guests at the home where a diamond ring, a digital camera and an MP3 player disappeared, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
UNWELCOME YARD WORK
• Centralia police say a 19-year-old Winlock man removed a fence and prepared to cut down a tree on someone else’s property on the 1400 block of View Avenue in Centralia yesterday. Jacob R. Easter was arrested for trespass, according to the Centralia Police Department. Police Sgt. Stacy Denham said he didn’t know why Easter was doing that.
• Centralia police took a report yesterday from the 1500 block of View Avenue that an individual’s roommate sold his .22 caliber pistol. The person who bought it was contacted and brought it into the police department so it could be returned, according to the Centralia Police Department. The incident remains under investigation.
• Someone rifled through files inside an unsecured office building at the 200 block of Washington Way in Centralia, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office. A deputy called yesterday morning to Zandecki Construction learned that paperwork and files were missing from a cabinet. The sheriff’s office has a person in interest in the case, according to Chief Civil Deputy Stacy Brown.
• Chehalis police were called just before 10 a.m. yesterday to the 2100 block of Southwest Woodland Circle where a pressure washer had been stolen from a carport during the night.
• Police were called about 9:30 a.m. yesterday to the 1000 block of South Pearl Street in Centralia about a vehicle prowl in which some blank checks and a set of firefighter “turnout” gear was stolen. A window was broken out.
• Both the front and rear license plates were stolen from a vehicle at an auto dealer on the 1900 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue in Chehalis during the night, according to a report made to the Chehalis Police Department yesterday morning.