Updated at 12:36 p.m.
DOG FOUND INSIDE 107 DEGREE VEHICLE
• A 42-year-old Morton resident was arrested after police called to the Wal-Mart parking lot found a dog inside his truck and interior temperatures at 107 degrees on Sunday. A woman who phoned 911 about 1:40 p.m. to the 1600 block of Northwest Louisiana Avenue said the animal was in distress, panting heavily and dry heaving, according to police. Andre D. Elswick, 42, was getting back to his vehicle when an officer arrived; the animal had been in there more an hour, according to Sgt. Rick McNamara. “You gotta realize when it hits 90 degrees, leaving the windows down is just not enough,” McNamara said. McNamara said he didn’t know further details about the condition of the rottweiller-type canine. Elswick was cited for animal abuse, McNamara said. Temperatures on Sunday afternoon out of doors were in the mid-90s.
• The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office reported this morning they were called Friday about a burglary in which someone stole more than $8,000 worth of valuables from a residence on the 200 block of Alpha Way outside Chehalis. It happened between 9 a.m. and 1:45 p.m., according to the sheriff’s office. Among the many missing items are a a laptop computer, a cell phone, a brief case, jewelry, a bottle of wine, a razor and blades, as well as a CPAP machine – a device that helps people breathe more easily. The house had been left unlocked.
• Police were called about 10:40 a.m. yesterday about a burglary at the 100 block of Jefferson Street in Centralia. Missing are a PlayStation and a mountain bike, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Two wake boards were taken from inside a boat parked on 100 block of Blanchard Road in Centralia, according to a report made to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office yesterday morning. One is red with stickers and the other is yellow, according to the sheriff’s office. The loss is $400.
• A gray 1989 Acura Legend was reported stolen from the 400 block of North Market Boulevard on Sunday afternoon.
• A 23-year-old Chehalis man was arrested for possession of methamphetamine late last night after police responded to Stan Hedwall Park in Chehalis about people camping there who had been asked to leave. Richard S. Warren was booked into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• A 23-year-old Centralia man was arrested for possession of methamphetamine and an outstanding arrant yesterday afternoon. Robert L. Huey was booked into the Lewis County Jail following contact with an officer about 1:15 p.m. at the 500 block of West Pear Street, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Norma J. Morris, 21, of Chehalis, was arrested for possession of heroin and a warrant about 1:10 p.m. yesterday, according to police. She was booked into the lewis County Jail following contact with an officer at the 100 block of South Silver Street, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• Three people were arrested overnight when they were caught breaking into a vehicle at the 300 block of Magnolia Street in Centralia around 1 a.m., according to police. Booked into the Lewis County Jail for second-degree vehicle prowl were Mathis S. Jensen, 19, Jeremy M. Barron, 20, both of Centralia and Renoggo A. Stone-Anderson, 21, of Rochester, according to the Centralia Police Department.
• A purse and an “Acer” brand laptop computer were reported stolen from a vehicle on the 200 block of Jackson Street in Centralia just before 3 a.m. today, according to Centralia police.
• Chehalis police took a report yesterday about a .22 handgun stolen from a vehicle parked a the Eagles the Saturday before last.
• Chehalis police took a report yesterday morning about an iPod and a GPS device stolen from a vehicle parked at the 100 block of Southwest Saunders Way. Police say it may or may not have been related, but a note was left for the female visitor, saying please don’t park in front of my house. The victim told police the car was locked so it’s unclear how anyone got inside, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• A 43-year-old Chehalis man was arrested for vehicle prowl after a woman watched an individual get into her vehicle on the 100 block of Southwest McFadden Avenue in Chehalis n Sunday morning. An officer called about 7:40 a.m. subsequently detained Kerry G. Palmer and booked him into the Lewis County Jail, according to the Chehalis Police Department.
• The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office is once again appealing to the public to lock up their cars and refrain from leaving valuables in plain site, especially when parking at the 200 block of Highway 603 west of Chehalis near the trestle area. Someone stole a purse from an unlocked vehicle there on Friday between 3:40 p.m. and 4:25 p.m., according to the sheriff’s office.
• A 72-year-old resident of the 100 block of Lanakila Lane outside Chehalis contacted the sheriff’s office yesterday to report her Taurus .357 revolver has been missing since at least July 1, according o the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
• A license plate reading 992 XFB was reported stolen from the 1000 block of Johnson Road in Centralia late yesterday afternoon.
• Centralia police say someone kicked out the window to a building on the 200 block of North Washington Avenue and three individuals were subsequently arrested for third-degree malicious mischief. It happened just before 2 a.m. today, according to the Centralia Police Department.
VEHICLE HITS BUILDING
• Centralia police were called about 11:35 a.m. yesterday when a vehicle in a parking lot on the 700 block of Harrison Avenue lurched forward striking a building and another vehicle. No arrests were made and the fire department was not called for any injuries. Further details were not readily available.